Prof. Ramazan YILDIRIM
1993 - Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of California, LA
1988 - M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, Boğazici University
1983 - B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, Ege University
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION
Experimental catalyst design and development
Catalysis for hydrogen production and cleaning
Molecular modeling in catalysis
Modeling and knowledge extraction in catalysis
Faculty member (2001-Present) Boğazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
Quality Consultant and Trainer (1995-2000) Proses Danismanlik Ltd.
Internal Quality Consultant (1993-1994) Ekinciler Holding, Istanbul, Turkey
Research Assistant (1990-1993) Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
Research Assistant (1989-1990) Department of Chemical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
Research Assistant (1986-1988) Department of Chemical Engineering Boğazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
ChE 202 Physicochemical Systems II
ChE 232 Fluid Mechanics
ChE 333 Heat Transfer
ChE 460 Total Quality Engineering in Chemical Industries
ChE 487 Sustainable Energy Technologies
ChE 631 Transport Phenomena I
IE 493 Technology Management
ETM 521 Strategic technology Management
1. M.E. Günay, R. Yildirim, " Knowledge extraction from historical data: Case of selective CO oxidation over noble metal catalysts between 2000-2012", ChemCatChem (accepted)
2. M.E. Günay, R. Yildirim, " Modeling preferential CO oxidation over promoted Au/Al2O3 catalysts using decision trees and modular neural networks ", Chem. Eng. Res. Des http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2012.08.017
3. A. Leba, T. Davran-Candan, Z. I. Önsan, R. Yıldırım, “DRIFTS study of selective CO oxidation over Au/γ-Al2O3 catalyst”, Catalysis Communications, (2012), vol. 29, pp. 6–10.
4. M. Erdem Günay, Tugba Davran-Candan, Ramazan Yıldırım, "Analysis of O2 Adsorption Stability and Strength Over Gold Clusters Using DFT and Logistic Regression", Journal of Cluster Science, (2012), 23/221–235.
5. M.E. Günay, F. Akpinar, Z.I. Onsan, R. Yildirim, "Investigation of water-gas shift activity of Pt-MOx-CeO2/Al2O3 (M=K, Ni, Co) using modular artificial neural networks", Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, (2012) 37/2094-2102.
7. M.E. Günay, R. Yildirim, "Neural network analysis of selective CO oxidation over copper-based catalysts for knowledge extraction for published data in the literature", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 50 (2011) 12488–12500.
8. T. Davran-Candan, M. Demir, R. Yildirim, "Analysis of reaction mechanisms and kinetics of preferential CO oxidation", Reac. Kinet. Mech. Catal., (2011) 104/389–398.
9. T. Davran-Candan, S.T. Tezcanli, R. Yildirim, "Selective CO oxidation over promoted Au/γ-Al2O3 catalysts in the presence of CO2 and H2O in the feed", Catal. Comm., 12 (2011) 1149-1152.
10. H. Gunes, R. Yildirim, "Low temperature water-gas shift reaction on Au-CeO2/Al2O3 catalysts", Int. J. Chem. React. Eng., 8 (2010) A157.
11. M.E. Günay, R. Yildirim, "Analysis of selective CO oxidation over promoted Pt/Al2O3 catalysts using modular neural networks: combining preparation and operational variables", Appl. Cat. A, 377 (2010) 174-180.
12. T. Davran-Candan, M.E Günay, R. Yildirim, "Structure and activity relationship for CO and O2 adsorption over gold nanoparticles using DFT and artificial neural networks", J. Chem. Phys., 132 (2010) 174113.
13. K.E. Uguz, R. Yildirim, "Comparative study of selective CO oxidation over Pt-Co-M/Al2O3 catalysts (M=Ce, Mg, Mn, Zr, Fe) in hydrogen-rich streams: effects of second promoter", Turkish J. Chem., 33 (2009) 545-553.
14. T. Candan-Davran, A.E. Aksoylu, R. Yildirim, "Reaction pathway analysis for CO oxidation over anionic gold hexamers using DFT", J. Mol. Catal., 306 (2009) 118-122.
15. M.E Günay, R. Yildirim, "Neural network aided design of Pt-Co-Ce/Al2O3 catalyst for selective oxidation in hydrogen-rich streams", Chem. Eng. J., 140 (2008) 324-331.
G.N. Ozyonum, A.N. Akin, R. Yildirim, "Kinetic study of selective CO oxidation over Pt-Co-Ce
E. Nikerel, E. Toksoy,
B. Kirdar, R. Yildirim "Optimizing medium composition for TaqI endonuclease production by
recombinant Escherichia coli cells using response surface methodology", Process
G. Uysal, A.N. Akin, Z.I. Onsan, R. Yildirim, “Hydrogen clean-up by preferential CO oxidation over Pt-Co-Ce/MgO”, Catal. Lett., 108 (2006) 193-196.
Z. S. Gonenc, R. Yildirim, A.B. Beler-Baykal, Z.I Onsan, “Adsorption Parameters of Some C5-C8 Paraffinic Hydrocarbons on Platinum - Alumina by Gas Chromatographic Pulse Techniques, Applied Catalysis A: General, 103, (1993), 35-42
S.M. Senkan, R. Yildirim, D. Palke, G.E. Lewis, "Conversion of Methane to Ethylene and Acetylene by the Chlorine Catalyzed Oxidative Pyrolysis Process", in: Novel Production Methods for Ethylene, Light Hydrocarbons and Aromatics, Eds. L.F. Albright, B.L. Crynes and S. Novak, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York (1992) 121-140.
4. M.E Gunay, R. Yildirim, "Modeling of Preferential CO Oxidation over Promoted Au/Al2O3 Catalysts using k-means Clustering and Modular Neural Networks", 3. National Catalysis Congress, April 28-May 1 2010, Zonguldak, Turkey.
6. M.E. Gunay, R. Yildirim, "Analysis of Preferential CO Oxidation over Promoted Au/Al2O3 Catalysts Using Partially Connected Artificial Neural Networks", Europacat 2009, August 30-September 4 2009, Salamanca, Spain.
10. M. E. Gunay, R. Yildirim, "Modular Neural Network Aided Modeling of Pt/Al2O3 Catalysts for Selective CO Oxidation in Hydrogen-Rich Streams", 14th International Congress on Catalysis, July 13-19 2008, Seoul, South Korea.
11. K.E. Uguz, R. Yildirim, "Comparative Study of Selective CO Oxidation over Pt-Co-M/Al2O3 Catalysts (M=Ce, Mg, Mn, Zr, Fe) in Hydrogen-Rich Streams: Effects of Second Promoter", 2. National Catalysis Congress, June 18-21 2008, Erzurum, Turkey.
13. M. E. Gunay, R. Yildirim, "Modeling Pt/Al2O3 Catalysts for Selective CO Oxidation in Hydrogen-Rich Streams by Partially Connected Neural Networks", 2. National Catalysis Congress, June 18-21 2008, Erzurum, Turkey.
18. T. Davran, A.E. Aksoylu, R. Yildirim, “Quantum Mechanical Modelling of CO Oxidation over Anionic Gold Hexamer”, The Sixth International Conferecne on Chemical Physics, 15-18 September 2004, Istanbul, Turkey
19. M.E. Kibar, R. Yildirim, A.N. Akin, "CuO-CoO-CeO Kompozit Katalizorlerinin Deneysel Tasarim Yontemiyle Hazirlama Kosullarinin Incelenmesi”, Altinci Ulusal Kimya Muhendisiligi Kongresi, 7-10September 2004, Izmir, Turkey
20. G. Seckin, A.N. Akin, Z.I Onsan, R. Yildirim, “Pt-Ce-Co/MgO Uzerinde Karbon Monoksitin Dusuk Sicaklik ve Hidrojence Zengin Ortamlarda Oksidasyonu” Altinci Ulusal Kimya Muhendisiligi Kongresi, 7-10 September 2004, Izmir, Turkey
21. T. Ince, A.N. Akin, R. Yildirim, “Design of Pt-Ce-Co/Al2O3 Catalysts for Low Temperature CO Oxidation in Hydrogen Rich Streams” 13th International Congress on Catalysis, 11-16 July 2004, Paris-France
22. G. Seckin, A.N. Akin, Z.I. Onsan, R. Yildirim, “Selective Low Temperature CO Oxidation over Supported Pt-Ce-Co Catalysts in Hydrogen-Rich Streams”, EuropaCat-VI, 31 August – 4 September 2003, Innsbruck-Austria
23. I.E. Nikerel, E. Toksoy, R. Yildirim, B. Kirdar, “Medium Optimization for TaqI Endonuclease Production by Recombinant E.coli cells”, 11. European Congress on Biotechnology (ECB-11), 24-29 August 2003, Basel- Switzerland
24. I.E. Nikerel, E. Toksoy, R. Yildirim, B. Kirdar, “Statistical Optimization of the Production of TaqI Endonuclease Production by Recombinant Escherichia coli Cells Using Response Surface Methodology: Optimization of the pre-induction period” , 3rd Chemical Engineering Conference for Collaborative Research in Eastern Mediterranean (EMCC-3) , 13-15 May 2003 Selanik, Greece
25. I.E. Nikerel, E. Toksoy, R. Yildirim, B. Kirdar, “Rekombinant Escherichia coli hucrelerinde TaqI endonukleaz uretiminin yanit yuzeyi yontemi ile istatistiksel optimizasyonu”, 5. Ulusal Kimya Muhendisligi Kongresi (UKMK-5), 2-5 September 2002, Ankara, Turkey